Ever wondered what it takes to be an entrepreneur?
The professional and personal challenges, the high and lows, the failures and the success?
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with over 1800 past events in 120 countries around the world in 2014.
The non-profit organization is headquartered in Seattle, Washington but Startup Weekend organizers and facilitators can be found in over 200 cities around the world. From Mongolia to South Africa to London to Brazil, people around the globe are coming together for weekend long workshops to pitch ideas, form teams, and start companies.
All Startup Weekend events follow the same basic model: anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas (as determined by popular vote) and then it’s a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekends culminate with presentations in front of local entrepreneurial leaders with another opportunity for critical feedback.
Whether entrepreneurs found companies, find a cofounder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic but fun world of startups. If you want to put yourself in the shoes of an entrepreneur, register now for the best weekend of your life!
The Winning Team will receive –
- 6 Months website hosting, 6 months business email hosting and a R5000.00 gift voucher for Incredible Connection.
- A fast track to the final selection stage of the Unreasonable Institute (America based entrepreneurship school).
- As event organizer, Africa 2.0 will provide the winning team free flights and accommodation to its next annual symposium which will be held in Gabon. The team will be afforded the opportunity to present their idea to over 300 hundred influential delegates from the public and private sector. Previous attendees include Dr Mo Ibrahim, Aliko Dangote, Mandla Mandela to mention a few.
- Furnished “plug and play” office space in a secure environment, shared resources such as reception, meeting facilities and internet access, all the resources a business needs to grow to full commercial potential for 6 months.
- Mentoring and coaching, access to professional service providers, access to business and skills development interventions, such as training in functional business disciplines.